PROGRES.ID – As of 2023, the world’s largest cruise ship is Royal Caribbean International’s Icon of the Seas. It was delivered in 2023 and has a gross tonnage of 250,800, making it 10% larger than its predecessor, Wonder of the Seas.
The Icon of the Seas is 1,188 feet long and 18 decks high and can accommodate up to 5,610 passengers at double occupancy. It has a number of features that make it stand out from other cruise ships, including:
- A FlowRider surf simulator
- A North Star observation capsule that rises 300 feet above the water
- A Bionic Bar where robotic bartenders serve drinks
- A Central Park area with real plants and trees
- A Royal Caribbean Theatre with a capacity of 1,380 people
The Icon of the Seas sails from Fort Lauderdale, Florida, to the Caribbean and the Bahamas. It is scheduled to begin sailing to Europe in 2024.